Enjoy a 2 hr. cruise around Beaufort harbor aboard the 47 foot sailing yacht "Bravado". Sail along the Beaufort waterfront, Fort Macon and the Shackleford Banks, home to North Carolina's wild horses. While you’re waiting for the sun to set over Core Sound enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer. Make sure you bring your camera to capture one of our spectacular sunsets.
- Arrive at Town Creek Marina at 9:00 am.
- Our crew will welcome you aboard and coffee, juice, or water.
- Captain Tony will have a pre-departure briefing addressing safety issues and answer any questions. Children under age 12 will be required to where a life jacket.
Let’s Go Sailing
- Cast the lines and set sail for Cape Lookout.
- Sit back and relax for the 2-hour voyage and enjoy the view as we sail along Shackleford Banks to the secluded Cape Lookout. Be sure to sure to keep an eye out for dolphins or the wild ponies.
- Add some excitement by stepping behind the wheel or assisting the crew with adjusting the sails. Don’t forget the camera for your next profile picture.
- Once we reach our destination, we’ll set anchor and decision making will begin.
- Stay aboard and sunbathe on the forward deck or swim off the transom.
- Adventure out by dinghy to the beach for sunbathing, swimming, shelling, or taking a walk along the pristine beach. Don’t forget sunscreen, and we’ll provide the chairs, umbrellas and a cooler of cold beverages.
- Alternatively, you can go over to the lighthouse and explore the grounds and take in the spectacular view from the top.
- Return to the boat and wash off the sand and salt with the outdoor shower.
- You’ll will be served a freshly prepared gourmet lunch with your choice of:
- Caribbean Shrimp Taco’s with Rice and Beans.
- Maryland Crab Cakes with Spicy Quinoa and Cucumber Salad.
- Chicken Pesto Carbonara Ravioli with Summer Veggie Salad.
- Asian Steak and Ramen Noodle Salad.
- And for the kids, a jumbo, all beef hotdog. Of course, if you want, you can have one too. Make your selection at the time of booking. Please make us aware of any allergies or dietary restrictions. Our galley is not equipped to prepare gluten free meals.
- Did we mention that in addition to sailing, science, and wine, Captain Tony is an accomplished cook.
- Sit back and relax as we return to Beaufort with a beer, wine, or rum punch in hand.
- At approximately 5:00 pm, Bravado will return you to Town Creek Marina.